What is Sidemount Diving?
1. You have more freedom of movement With all the equipment close to your body, you have greater freedom of movement and flexibility in the water. This comes in handy when exploring narrow passages or nooks and crannies in shipwrecks!
2. You can customize your gear setup to suit you Sidemount diving gives you the opportunity to tailor your scuba gear setup to perfectly suit your individual needs and preferences. Not everyone is the same size or shape, so being able to adjust things like where your cylinders are positioned can make an enormous difference to comfort and safety underwater.
3. It is easier on your back No more heavy tanks banging around on your back! Sidemount diving is much kinder to your body and there is no risk of stressing or injuring your back.
4. Sidemount gives you better streamlining. The standard scuba set-up can be unwieldy, heavy and even downright dangerous if you don’t know what you are doing. Sidemount setups are streamlined with all the equipment contained in various pouches on your body. In Sidemount, you have an increased ability to move weight and the cylinders for proper trim, creating a more natural and comfortable position in the water. This reduces fatigue, stress, and improves air consumption!
5. Increased Gas Supply Sidemount is a hybrid dive where you’re carrying one tank on the side of your body, instead of the traditional two. The advantage to this is an increase in gas supply – so you get to dive twice as long as single tank divers – so you can see areas single tank divers don’t, and experience twice as much! Sidemount comes with two independent air sources for redundancy and/or extended dive times. Recreationally, you get to dive twice as long as single tank divers, so you can see areas single tank divers don’t, and experience twice as much! The additional air source also comes in handy if you scare gas or have a regulator failure. Sidemount diving is a great option for technical diving, and you can even use it for refilling your back gas.
OUR RED FINS SIDEMOUNT DIVING SCHOOL offers a full range of Sidemount Training:
1. Sidemount Diver
2. Essential Sidemount Diver
3. DPV Sidemount Diver
4. Technical Sidemount Diver
5. Guided Sidemount Diving Trips
6. Full Rental Gear for Sidemount Diving
8. Stationary and Online Store